The following provides the steps in setting up your GOL email account with the latest version (10.5) of MAC OS X.
1. Open the mail program and once it has opened, click on Mail on the top left of the screen and select Preferences.
A window will open, and if this is the first time you have used the program you will not see any mail accounts.
2. Looking at the bottom left of this window, click on the “+” button to add your GOL email account to the mail software.
3. You will see the following screen;
4. Here you can enter the details for your email account that you received from GOL. Remember to type in your user name where it says firstname.lastname@example.org i.e. email@example.com.
5. Your password is case sensitive so make sure that all capitals and lower case letters are entered correctly.
6. Click on “Continue” after entering your information and you will see the following screen;
7. On this screen we are entering the information to connect to your GOL mail account and receive mail. You can enter anything you like into the “Description” box as this is just the name that will be given to the mail box.
8. Enter the incoming mail server like the screen above (popmail.gol.com). Your user name and password will automatically be entered after clicking “Continue” on the previous screen.
NOTE: You need to add the @gol.com part to the user name here.
9. Once you have finished, click on “Continue” and you will see the following screen;
10. Enter the outgoing mail server as above (mail.gol.com) and make sure to check “Use only this server”.
11. Click on “Use Authentication” and make sure the User Name includes the @gol.com. Enter your password and then click on continue to get to the next screen.
The next screen will provide an account summary and then you will be able to finish the setup.
12. The next step is to change the submission port settings. Click on Mail on the top left of the screen and select Preferences. A window will open, and you will now be able to see the email account you have set up in the pane on the left hand side. In this window you can see Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) at the bottom. There will be an option “Edit Server List” and you can choose this. You will see the following window.
13. You should set up the screen as above making sure that 587 is the Server port that is being used.